67 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!
Welcome to Rainbow Hare for My stop on the Ho, Ho, Ho And on We Sew Blog Hop!
I was delighted, back in January when Fiona invited me to host a spot on this great monthly linky party run by Fiona and Paula and I felt certain I would have Christmas all wrapped up by now but I'm sorry to say that, despite my admiration for all the wonderful people who have been stitching away throughout the year and joining the party, my own link ups have been rather few and far between...But today, I can announce, that the time for thinking we have forever to finish (or start?) all those Christmas projects is officially over. We only have 67 Days - less than 10 Weeks left.
So the project I'm going to share today is very quick and easy. It is a small christmas tree, a little under 8" high including the star, and it can be made as a Christmas gift or ornament or as a pin cushion to use whilst you're sewing up your other Christmas projects. Apologies for the grim night time photos!
You will need:
1 x 7" square green felt
1x charm square
1 metal bottle top approx 1" in diameter
7 x 2p coin, UK (or other low denomination coins that will fit in the bottle top to make a heavy base for sturdiness).
Toy stuffing (not shown) - a surprising amount!
1. Place your coins inside the bottle top and place the top centrally on your charm square.
2. Gather the charm square around the top and secure, as shown.
3. Trim off excess fabric and make several rows of hand stitching, as shown, to pull the fabric tightly around the bottle top. Set aside.
4. Make a card template of 1/4 circle with a 7" radius.
5. Using the template from step 4 (above) cut a 1/4 circle in green felt.
6. Stitch straight sides together with 1/4" seam, as shown.
7. Turn your tree piece right side out and sew a line of running stitch around the open edge about 1/4" from the bottom using a doubled length of strong thread.
9. Slip stitch or ladder stitch your tree top to the base securely.
10. Embellish as desired.
If you have any Christmas makes already this month, please join the party. If not, the linky doesn't close until 23.59 on October 31st so you still have plenty of time to whip something up and have a chance to win this month's fantastic prize - a pattern to make the adorable Alpine Village Miniature Quilt from Home Grown Textiles
I would like to thank Fiona for donating this lovely prize and I would also like to say a big thank you to Fiona and Paula for organising Ho, Ho, Ho and On We Sew and to the wonderful sponsors who have generously offered prizes for the monthly linky parties.
Finally, as a prize for a second person drawn from this month's link ups, I would like to offer a copy of my Vintage Caravan sewing Machine Cover pattern. You can see more details here
Good Luck in the Draw and Happy Sewing!
Janine @ Rainbow Hare